occasional granola review: *new*(-ish) Cascadian Farm FarmStand Harvest -- cranberry, maple and wild rice

So while visiting my grandma a few weeks back I made sure to take a quick trip to Kroger, the exclusive seller of this Cranberry, Maple & Wild Rice flavor. Why the exclusivity? And why just Kroger? Who knows? The idea of wild rice in granola piqued my curiosity, however, so I was either going to pick some up while visiting my grandma or my brother, whichever came first. Also, $4.99? Seriously? Yeah, this is a one-time deal.

Now to the particulars: it has a pleasant maple flavor (not too sweet/syrupy), very small cranberries (but not those weird "bits" you get in cereal sometimes), and of course, wild rice. I still don't get how the dry wild rice is made edible--it just looks like uncooked rice mixed into granola--but it works. It adds a nice crunch but otherwise doesn't stand out and doesn't feel or taste weird in your mouth. I'd like to know how to add that to my own granola.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...