lots of cookies

Seriously. You've been warned. This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe makes a lot of cookies. I even made them slightly (or more than slightly) bigger than they were supposed to be and it still made a lot of cookies. For the last two months I've had a craving for homemade chocolate chip cookies--don't know why; you know they're not my favorite--so as soon as I planned my pumpkin bread I started looking for a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie to finish up that can of pumpkin.

My favorite feature of any pumpkin cookie (or any pumpkin baked good, come to think of it) is that moist and chewy texture. Not gummy, but soft--almost melting in your mouth. Maybe even literally, if you were to eat a hot cookie fresh from the oven. And the pumpkin and chocolate flavors totally work together, probably because of the milk chocolate chips. I think a stronger chocolate flavor might be overpowering.

So if you're looking for a different spin on chocolate chip cookies: these cookies. Or hold off until fall. Either way.

*******
In cereal news (yes, I still care!) I spotted a new Honey Bunches of Oats at Walmart. It's called Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch! and looks like their take on Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch (flakes + oats + Cheerios-type cereal). That'll be next for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...