whatever mama wants, mama gets

And mama wanted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. She didn't say together in one dish but I figured someone must have put those two together. I went with these Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes even though we had pancakes for breakfast. We won't be having maple syrup again anytime soon. A quick note on this recipe: my oven is super super hot so I roasted at 425 degrees. Even then I almost obliterated those sprouts. Always fix more sprouts than you think you need.

As for the pancakes? I'm slowly working my way through the Whole-Grain Buttermilk Pancakes variations from Eating Well. This time I made blueberry and set aside some berry-less batter for my mom. She went back for seconds and actually ate one with blueberries.

And then I set aside some time yesterday for the cake. I should've really cleared my day but it couldn't work out that way. But I'll get to that in my next entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...