out-of-season, no less delicious

It's been a crazy week since my brother popped in for a visit. Mainly, we've been having a mouse problem. The problem being that it won't show itself. So I've had to limit what I can bring into the house (in the cereal department) to what can fit in my temporary big plastic tub. If you've been wondering about the lack of cereal reviews lately, that's why.

But I haven't let it stop me from baking. I had to do something for my brother. I realized I had a can of pumpkin from last fall that I didn't want to keep 'til next fall so I made this Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread. It's super, super moist--I'm guessing from the combination of pumpkin and buttermilk. I even had a nice swirl running through most of it. The only adjustment I could've made was to take it out about five minutes sooner. Even so, it didn't taste burnt. I appreciate a forgiving recipe.

Next: what to do with the rest of the pumpkin? (You know I had a plan.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...