back with cookies

I know it's been awhile; I was on vacation for a long weekend and then had to come home and catch up on laundry and restock the larder. You know, typical post-vacation stuff. You should also know that I never travel without homemade oatmeal cookies. At least I'll get some fiber during a questionable eating period.

I'm not sure why but I've recently been obsessed with putting coconut in my oatmeal cookies. I must have printed out ten recipes last week. The final decision came down to these Dark Chocolate Raspberry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies because I've been wanting to try unsweetened shredded coconut. I'll admit to making a few changes, namely, subbing dark brown sugar for the coconut sugar (because I didn't want to commit to a big bag) and canola oil for the coconut oil--I know, I know, I'm missing out on all that coconutty goodness. When I have my own kitchen I'll probably stock every sugar and oil known to man.

But they were still delicious cookies. And rich without actually being rich. They're almost like little flat, chewy cakes. Definitely a one-cookie-per-serving cookie. And worth the mess of rolling up the frozen raspberries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...