show me the scones (or you the scones, actually)

Proof that I really do bake everything I say I bake. Finally Sally had a scone recipe that didn't call for heavy cream, so I jumped on that. Oh, right, the name: Raspberry Almond Buttermilk Scones. And can I just plug Wegmans for a second? I bought my raspberries there and they still haven't molded yet. Hopefully I can make more glaze for those unglazed scones tomorrow.
Anyway, the time-consuming part was grating that stick of frozen butter. I don't think that's something I'll be doing again without a food processor. Don't get me wrong, the end result was worth it, just...tedious. And you should know, the dough will be really sticky. Reealllly sticky. Keep your flour handy.

But after all that, I'm not complaining. Just tired of telling you about all the stuff I bake but not actually showing you. So maybe I'll do it again sometime.

*******
(I expect to have some actual cereal reviews soon!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...