dessert is a gift


...and an unintentional Sally two-fer. First (actually second) we have my dad's favorite, carrot cake. Of course I had to make him one for Father's Day, and I couldn't resist this Cheesecake Swirl Carrot Bundt Cake. There's not a thing wrong with any of the words in that recipe name. Let me get this out of the way first: yes, I overbaked it (out of fear of a mushy cake inside), but no, my dad hasn't stopped eating it. It's soooo moist, which helps. Also, I used raisins, and the distribution of raisins and carrot throughout the cake was perfect. And, in case you were wondering, the cheesecake layer swirls itself. I don't know how that happened, but it did.

Second (but baked first), I made cookies for my hairdresser's birthday (I told you I'd bake for anyone): Magic 5 Cookies. I never thought I'd say this but these might be the best oatmeal cookies I've ever tasted. Seriously. My first bite had chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and coconut and all I can say is, Wow. I can also say that I subbed raisins for the nuts but I'm pretty sure you'd get the same reaction however you choose to do it. Oh, and it helps to love butterscotch. Still. Try these.

********
I'm a good mood today because I discovered some new cereals last night. It is my primary reason for blogging. I'd actually bought Annie's Frosted Oat Flakes earlier in the day but then went to Target last night and found a whole display of new cereals. So I picked up a box of Vanilla Life. I'll have to get the names of the rest later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...