recipe rundown

It's been a few days, hasn't it? I was sick all weekend and am still working on getting better. So I thought I'd use today's entry to list some of the foods I've made recently.

1. Sally's Favorite Cornbread. Is it mine too? I don't know yet. But I will say that I made it last week to go with one dinner, and then I ate it for breakfast...and then I ate it for breakfast again. That reminds me, there's still some in the freezer. I added blueberries because, why not? Even though plain buttery cornbread is absolutely fine--especially this one, which is moist and cake-like. You'll want to eat more than you should.

2. Beef Chimichangas. I got my first issue of Eating Well and marked this page immediately. I made this while my brother was home and everybody loved them. I don't think they even noticed the mushrooms. This was also my first time having fresh salsa. Definitely worth it.

3. I made these garlic pita chips yesterday and they got a little burnt. You probably shouldn't take your eyes off the oven when making these for the first time. So now I taste burnt, then garlic, then salt. I almost wish I had some hummus, but I went on a hummus jag two weeks ago. I still need a break. Oh, you know, I'd eat these with salsa, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...