Blue(berry) Monday

I don't know how I got so far behind--I have subjects to write about, I just haven't done it. So here's one. Muffins. 100% Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins, to be precise. My brother asked for only one thing during his brief visit: blueberry muffins. Simple blueberry muffins, nothing fancy. I wanted to make something with buttermilk that needed to be used up. So no lemon-blueberry muffins, so no banana-blueberry, and no crumble toppings. That's how I settled on this recipe.

What I didn't notice, though, is that there's no egg in this recipe. The baking powder, baking soda, and buttermilk do all the heavy lifting. So this isn't the recipe for you if you like monster crowns on your muffins. But if you want simple ingredients to showcase your fresh blueberries, these are pretty good. They're filling but don't feel like you're eating a rock, if you catch my drift. Somehow weighty but delicate. It works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...