review: *new* Nature Valley -- Chocolate Oat Bites

I wasn't going to try these--you know chocolate cereal isn't my favorite thing--but my brother was home two weeks ago to help eat this/be a new cereal guinea pig. His verdict: "Interesting." I guess that's a good reaction because he ate it several days in a row. The thing about chocolate cereals is you can't eat a whole a bunch at one sitting--so it's going to take a while to finish.

So you may remember my review for the original Baked Oat Bites: to put it simply, this is the chocolate version. The cereal itself looks like it was mixed with cocoa powder to achieve its dark brown color; it also has a chocolate(-y?) drizzle. So it has a very strong chocolate flavor and would be a good candidate for chocolate-ing up your milk, if that's important to you.

If I had to rank this year's chocolate cereals, though, Dark Cocoa Karma would come out on top.

*******
So I am almost done with the new summer cereals; I have just the two flavors of Tiny Toast left. Good thing, too, because the fall limited editions are already sneaking into stores. I'm not ready!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...