let's start with the cookies

So I just got back from a mini-vacation and I think my brain is still in travel mode. You know what I did as soon as I got home yesterday? Okay, laundry, but the second thing was have a bowl of cereal. I don't get cereal when traveling due to lack of access to tolerable milks so I really had a craving. And then this morning I had a smoothie. Cravings don't last long.

But now I'm rambling. The point I wanted to make was that I'm behind in my posts. And one of those topics is Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I made them for my brother but froze some for the trip. You know I love my travel cookies. I chose this recipe because I wanted a peanut butter cookie. Then I wanted a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. I almost made those but then realized, you know what, this trip's coming up, I should really make oatmeal cookies.

As for the recipe itself, on first bite my reaction was, I miss the raisins. Which is silly because I didn't want an oatmeal raisin cookie in the first place. Then I realized it was because I was reminded of one of my all-time favorite cookies, Double-Oat Breakfast Cookies. That's what these tasted like but without the raisins or Cheerios. But there's still a place for a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. That place is on the counter, waiting to be eaten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...