practice what you peach

(I always forget to take a picture before cutting into food.)

So it's peach season and I felt like making a pie. Conveniently, Sally came through again with this Brown Sugar Peach Crumble Pie. A few new elements for me: an oat-less crumble, made with melted butter (which actually makes sense if you don't want butter getting down into your fruit), and peaches cut into chunks instead of slices. I went ahead and sliced first and then cut those slices into chunk. And for some reason, slicing upside-down (stem-end down) was quicker for me. No idea why.

I also strained my peaches twice to get the juice out--once before adding ingredients to the filling, and then using a slotted spoon to transfer the filling to the pie crust. And the crumble was damp but bakes into a regularly-textured crumble.

And it goes without saying that it's delicious. Peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon? That's a no-brainer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...