every smoothie I had this summer

The weather may be slow to catch on but Fall has officially started, so I thought I'd take a blog post to commemorate summer with this list of smoothies. I thought about a separate entry for each one over the last few months but it didn't make sense to me. So here we go:

  • I started with the recipes on the backs of the frozen VIP berries that I already use when berries aren't in season: Strawberry Bananarama Smoothie, Razzle-Dazzle Smoothie, and possibly the Peach Passion Smoothie but I can't remember. I know I've made it before, though.
  • From PopSugar: Vegan Peaches and Cream Smoothie (I'm not actually vegan--obviously--but if something sounds good, I'll try it), Mango Lassi (my first lassi!)
  • From Two Peas and Their Pod (also on my blog list): Pineapple Coconut Smoothie (and I really did use fresh pineapple)
  • From EatingWell: Mango Pina Colada Smoothie--I didn't feel like buying a can of coconut milk so I subbed almond-coconut milk; be aware that your smoothie will have an almond-y aftertaste; Watermelon Mango Smoothie--I don't like the texture of watermelon but I will puree it into lemonade or a smoothie
  • From Minimalist Baker (not on my blog list but should be): Summer in a Cup Smoothie (my first experience with pomegranate juice--tart on its own but good mixed with other ingredients), Peach Oat Smoothie--I think I've had this one before. I remember the oat-soaking bit.
  • From Ball (the canning people--of all places): Blueberry-Lemon Lassi--I made this to take on a trip. Yeah, not the greatest choice. Even after rinsing in a public restroom sink, it still took a while to get all the purple stain out of my cup and straw.
And last but not least, this morning I tried to make the Mango Pineapple Smoothie on the back of the redesigned box of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almond Coconutmilk. I couldn't find it on the website but it's pretty simple: mango chunks, pineapple chunks, almond coconutmilk, toasted almond slivers (I didn't have any sort of almond to toast today) and chia seeds. I mistakenly bought a banana for this and I wasn't about to waste it so I threw it in there anyway. And then a little bit of orange juice to thin it out.

And now my smoothie season is over. To those of you who drink smoothies all year round, congratulations. I don't know how you do it. I'm ready to switch over to hot cereal and tea next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...