pumpkin up the volume

It's Pumpkin Week here at Cereal World. It wasn't intentional but now that I have all the pumpkin cereals and have been working with canned pumpkin it's apparently a thing.

Yesterday: I had a request for buttermilk pancakes, so I obliged with these Pumpkin Pancakes. I've already made several of the variations of these buttermilk pancakes so of course I was going to get to the pumpkin eventually. I didn't include the pecans but they were delicious nonetheless.

Today: So now I had leftover canned pumpkin. I knew I wanted to make granola (which I'll get to later) but I had to find something else for the other 1/3 cup. Enter Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats. I'll admit I was skeptical as I made this last night. I was afraid the amount of cinnamon would overwhelm the oats so I cut that in half. I tried to take into account that canned pumpkin is flavorless and I also put a lot of cinnamon on hot oatmeal, but I couldn't persuade myself. You might want to add all the cinnamon. This morning I added more almondmilk and drizzled more maple syrup and it was very nearly perfect.

Tomorrow: I'm probably opening the Cheerios. Trying not to get too excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...