granola's turn

Next up for Pumpkin Week: this Pumpkin Maple Pecan Granola from Minimalist Baker. I hadn't been to this blog in ages but I think I found it again while searching for something else breakfast-related. Then I found a post with a bunch of granola recipes, including this one. And then, after Sunday's pancakes, I realized this recipe called for exactly what I had leftover from my can of pumpkin.

The only thing I subbed was the nuts. I can't really do more than a teensy bit of pecans, so I used all the almonds I had in the cupboard and a half-cup of unsweetened coconut for good measure. It adds a surprising little flavor twist when you least expect it. Not to take away from the pumpkin and maple flavors, though. Those definitely come through. If you're in the mood for a pumpkin granola, this is a good bet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...