on-the-go cookies

Or stay-at-home cookies. Take your cookies wherever you want. You know I like to travel with homemade oatmeal cookies to keep my digestive system in working order (even if it's just psychological :P) but this time I wanted something different. Something like these Honey-Bran Cookies. I know what you're thinking: Bran? Ewwww. That's old people stuff. And honestly? I wouldn't eat a bowl of those weird little sticks, either. But in a cookie? Sure, I'll try it.

The cookie base is your typical dough--you'd expect there to be chocolate chips involved. But then there's the honey and the bran cereal which change up the experience. The sweetness of the honey isn't overpowering and I like the crunch of the bran. These cookies are a little on the chewy side, too, just so you know. And I haven't had any odd episodes from that extra little kick of bran, either. But Y(bathroom)MMV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...