actually, I do like them apples

So as I've said before, I'm trying to avoid pumpkin overkill while also embracing fall flavors. So I thought I'd try these Apple Cinnamon Waffles. They're supposed to be vegan but my mother has a thing about seeds. They're supposed to be hard for her to digest or something, I don't know. So I subbed a real egg. But everything else is what it was supposed to be. I also learned that I'm the chief cooked apple-eater in the house. I'll remember that from now on.

Two things to note: these are the chewy kind of waffles. If you like entirely crispy waffles this isn't for you. Also, unlike some other batters this one didn't spread when I put the lid down. If you want picture-perfect waffles like in the recipe be sure to spread the batter out before closing the lid of your waffle iron.

And an extra note: I put the leftover apples in my oatmeal this morning. It tasted just like the Apple Cinnamon instant oatmeal packets we ate as kids (my brother especially loved that flavor) only, you know, I made it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...