berry in the coconut

It was past time for my monthly homemade granola but it took a while to get the ingredients together. Seriously, no one around here sells large-flake coconut. And I absolutely had to have large-flake coconut to make this Strawberry Coconut Granola from Minimalist Baker. I finally found some at a better (read: larger) Target than mine. I made two ingredient swaps, though: first, I didn't want more nuts than oats so I just swapped the amounts. It helped that I had a bag of slivered almonds that was exactly one-and-a-half cups. Second, I still haven't made the commitment to coconut oil because I don't want to keep bringing specialty foods into the house when I could be moving any month now. I already have a shelf in the smaller fridge with all my stuff stored. So I just used light olive oil.

Obviously that takes away from the coconut-iness (coconuttiness?) of the granola but I'm hoping after being stored for a while it'll take on more of a strawberry flavor anyway.


*******
I know, I know, I'm hurting for cereal entries this month. Well, I have three new boxes patiently waiting their turn and I will definitely get to them in the next two weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...