peanut butter (and) cookie

I don't know why it's taken me 'til now to write this entry. Last week I had a taste for peanut butter cookies, but nothing fancy. Flour, sugar (preferably brown) and peanut butter. The peanut-ier the better. Oh, and not a huge amount of cookies. So I settled on this Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Simply Recipes. One wrench in my plans: chilling the dough for three hours. Three hours? Really? Yes, really. And even after those three hours I had to keep rinsing my hands in cold water to keep rolling firm peanut butter dough balls. But other than that, pretty simple and straightforward.

I made one change, which was to bake at 350 degrees because I know cookies will burn in my oven at 375. After about eleven minutes the first batch was perfect. The second batch, not so much. The second batch always cooks faster and I forgot to keep an eye on it. They're still edible, though. Just a little brown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...