cookie treat

I know you're probably wondering, where's cerealfyre been all week? Well, things have been crazy around here. Am I moving, what are my working hours, should I be bringing more cereal into the house? I guess it's settled for the next week, at least, so here's a cookie I found time to squeeze in yesterday.

If you like a moist and chewy cookie, then Erin's Apple Oatmeal Cookies are for you. If you're not accustomed to oatmeal cookies having a chewier consistency, you should try these anyway. I decided to make these for two reasons: 1. I wanted a small batch of cookies (it made fourteen), and 2. I'm trying not to overdo the pumpkin-flavored foods. Mostly because I already know that's coming up next weekend.

But there's a lot to like about these. Mainly the flavors. Somehow the apple comes through so strongly (maybe I had a good Gala?) even with all the spices--also great--and the honey. Actually what was surprising was the honey had more of an effect on the texture than the flavor. I didn't have time to make the glaze but I didn't miss it. Having so much apple (and oat) goodness was enough for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...