can't forget about Pear-bruary

The month's almost over and I haven't written the one blog post I intended to this month:

Behold the pear cake.

Actually, if you behold it really closely you can see the two things I would've done differently: 1) cut the pear chunks smaller; and 2) use more pear. Regardless of the measurements, just go ahead and use two shredded and two diced pears.

Almost forgot, here's the recipe: Fresh Pear Bundt Cake. I'd never heard of Taste of the South magazine but (totally by coincidence) I saw it at a grocery store checkout last week. My mother requested a Bundt cake for her birthday--"something I can eat with vanilla ice cream"--as long as there was no chocolate involved because she's not really supposed to be eating chocolate. Okay, then. So I thought, what fruits haven't I worked with lately? Two years ago I made her a Pear Streusel Cake, surely there must be a pear Bundt cake out there. Of course, Google finds everything. Obviously I didn't do the glaze but you wouldn't really miss it with ice cream on the side anyway.🍐🎂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...