Lent Challenge 2017

Also, happy blogiversary! Yes, I'm still here after five years. I can't help it; they keep inventing new cereals.

Anyway, Lent is really late this year, so I've had plenty of time to prepare. In previous years I've given up: white flour and sugar, and discovered other grains and sweeteners; flavored yogurt, and learned how to flavor my own with different fruits (and I still eat all the recipes I tried that year!); processed/packaged sides, and learned to make my own.

So there's basically only one difficult thing left to give up. No, not blogging. I get antsy if I miss a week. Nope, I mean...

Cereal.

I know, I know, that's the purpose of this blog, what am I going to do for six weeks? Like I said, I've had plenty of time to prepare. I have enough recipes to try--at least I hope so. I'm not one of those people who can eat the same thing for breakfast every day. I read other blogs where people have smoothies every day or eat oatmeal every day. The monotony would drive me crazy. So I'll be having overnight oats, eggs, wraps, breakfast sandwiches, smoothies, and of course, hot cereal. And I plan to end each week with a rundown of what I ate.

I'm excited and nervous. This is going to be really, really hard. You have no idea. Or if you're a regular reader of this blog, maybe you do.😅😟

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...