scone-y island

(Yeah, I'm running out of scone puns.)

Also, it's hot. I'm wearing short sleeves in February. February. That is not normal. Good thing I wasn't planning on making soup this week. But yeah, the scones. I mentioned last month that I would be making these Banana Nut Scones. So I did, earlier this month:


I liked that this recipe only made eight, so I didn't end up with a freezer full of scones. And maybe you can tell that I didn't use nuts (if you're a regular reader of this blog I'm assuming you made that assumption) but there's still plenty of good points to these scones. And I don't mean the triangular shape. What I want to highlight is the maple glaze. It's a really nice complement to the banana and I think plays down the ginger somewhat. In fact, after I made this glaze I basically went on a maple kick all month. I'm hoping to move on to something else for March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...