cake to order

A few weeks back I thought I'd do something nice for my grandmother. She has only recently become concerned with what goes into the baked goods at her local grocery store. So my mother "suggested" I make a cake and give half to my grandmother (as for the other half...ugh, long story). I started with this Buttermilk Bundt Cake recipe from Cooking Light but made one large cake instead of mini-cakes. I know my grandmother loves chocolate, though, so I found this Chocolate Glaze recipe (for which I just happened to have enough chocolate). And it turned out like this:


So you know how last month I was on a maple kick? Well, this month looks like it's shaping up to be chocolate. And you know I'm not a big chocolate eater. Weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...