Week 3, someone feed me

I guess Mother Nature is having a change of heart. By next weekend it should be in the 60s and the snow will be out of here. I hope.

Anyway, breakfasts. The only good thing about last week's cold weather was the need for hot breakfasts.

  • Monday: leftover Spanish tortilla and fruit with granola. I realized I have to make a conscious effort to eat fruit with breakfast everyday since it's not on my cereal.
  • Tuesday: I started with this Strawberry and Yogurt Parfait recipe but made some changes to accommodate the vanilla yogurt I needed to finish.
  • Wednesday: Oh, this was a good one. I took four banana oat pancakes (see last week's entry) and made two little sandwiches. Here's exactly what I did: I started with four small pancakes--I made them small for this purpose--and toasted them according to the recipe reheating instructions. Then I microwaved them anyway, and they didn't fall apart like I thought they would. Next I spread roughly a teaspoon of almond butter on two of the pancakes. Then I micro-thawed some raspberries, mashed them slightly, and added them on top of the almond buttered pancakes. Then I added the other pancakes and, well, pancaked them on top. Finally, I stuck them in the microwave for a few more seconds. I thought I was going to eat them with my hands but I ended up using a fork instead. I wish I'd taken a picture, they were actually kind of pretty.
  • Thursday: Cream of Wheat.
  • Friday: I had my first experience with baked oatmeal. I'd been wanting to try this for a while, but I didn't want to make a pan of it and have to eat it every day. The solution? An individual portion recipe! This one: Baked Banana Oatmeal Cups. I'm still trying to use up these chocolate chips plus I had the bananas, so...    Oh, and they were so cute I had to take a picture:
    Two of these was like eating a nice, hearty bowl of oatmeal. I can't wait to see how they reheat later.
  • Saturday: Peanut Butter Toast with Skillet Cinnamon Apples. One minor quibble with this: one toast turned out to not be filling enough for me. Maybe it would have with the nuts, but I can't do either one of those in the recipe. I think a sprinkle of granola would've done the trick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...