wrapping up Week 1

As promised, a weekend entry of what I ate for breakfast during my Lent Challenge. Hopefully I'll stick to a Sunday schedule for these.

  • Wednesday: Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats from Damn Delicious. I plan to eat all of these overnight oats recipes in order.
  • Thursday: I made a breakfast burrito from odds and ends in the fridge, including this rice leftover from the previous night's dinner.
  • Friday: I had this BHG recipe torn out and saved for a year, maybe, and then I couldn't find it anywhere! So I had to reprint it: Peanut Butter-Pear Sandwiches. It's kind of French toast-y, but without syrup. Plus anything with granola gets high priority from me.
  • Saturday: Cream of Wheat.
So, yeah, this is really, really challenging. I'm finding the best way to handle it is to look forward to all the new stuff I'm trying and not think about I'm missing. Also, the breakfasts are starting to categorize themselves: egg day, yogurt day, hot cereal day, etc.

I may also start restocking the cereal drawer once a week...😛



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...