review: *new* Cascadian Farm gluten-free Honey Vanilla Crunch

I just typed a mouthful. Really, that's a lot of name to squeeze into an attractive font on a cereal box.

So what exactly is this cereal comprised of? Corn, sorghum, chickpea, sweet potato. It's all mixed together and pressed into little puffy squares--like a puffy Golden Grahams, but in two colors. I did not pick up a scent upon opening the bag and when tasting, my tongue went to texture first, not flavor. You know how I've brought up puffygritty cereals before? Well, this is the rare puffy cereal that does not have a weird gritty aftertaste/feel. So it didn't need the masking of too much honey and vanilla. On the other hand, I could've used more honey and vanilla. I swore when I was eating it that I was mainly tasting cinnamon--but there's no cinnamon in this, so I guess it's the combination of molasses and sugar.

If it were an option from the emoji box, I'd give this a sideways thumb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...