review: *new* Peanut Butter Chex

If Goldilocks was critiquing peanut butter cereals, she'd say this one's juuuust right.

You know, I don't think I've had a peanut butter cereal since Peanut Butter Multi-Grain Cheerios (oh, wait, here's one I don't even remember!) because everything's always peanut butter and chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but that's where it ends. Candy. Not cereal. So as soon as I found out about Peanut Butter Chex last month I started looking for it (and found it at Target last week).

I find the success of a peanut butter cereal depends on the grains involved--in the aforementioned Cheerios the different grains added varying levels of sweetness, but in a pleasant way. This Peanut Butter Chex is made of corn, which for some reason makes the peanut butter flavor linger after a bite--but not in a gross aftertaste kind of way. It's more peanut butter-y than sugary-sweet, and that's what I'm looking for in a peanut butter cereal. I can imagine how it would make a nice base for the zillions of Chex Mix recipes out there. 👍


And just so you know that yes, I really do love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate in other foods, here's a few entries from over the years:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies (because bananas are next-level)

Super-Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...