massive failure & sort-of redemption?

I wanted to make a simple pound cake for Memorial Day and had this one in my back pocket since last November. Well, I committed quite possibly the biggest baking error there is: I forgot the sugar. There were at least three points in the baking process where I should've caught that mistake but I missed every one. I know I was too focused on not screwing up melting the chocolate--it was my first time--but that's not really an excuse. It just wasn't a good day to bake. I had too many other things on my mind.

So then I had a whole bunch of leftover milk chocolate morsels. What to do? Cookies, duh. I considered making regular chocolate chip cookies but then I came across this oatmeal cookie recipe specifically for milk chocolate chips. Anytime I can stick oats in my baked goods, it's done. As for the cookies, they're not bad. A little too buttery-rich for me; I can't really eat more than one at a time. That's probably a good thing anyway.

******
Just a quick note: currently trying out a new raisin bread-- Schmidt's Amazin Raisin. Thick slices, very dense, lots of raisins. It may just make the rotation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...