review: Bran Flakes

I wasn't feeling so great Sunday morning, so I thought I'd skip the scrambled eggs in favor of some homemade raisin bran. To accomplish this, all you need is a box of bran flakes and some raisins. Yes, really, it's that simple. The first couple of times I used a store brand, but this was my first time trying Post's Bran Flakes. I know what you're thinking: another Post cereal so soon? Well, this box had already been in the house for three weeks--my aunt ate it the last time she visited--and believe or not, it still wasn't stale. Plus column for you, Bran Flakes.

In fact, the only negative was that all of my milk was absorbed about halfway through. Mostly that was my fault, though; I was eating really slowly (even slower than usual) because I didn't have much of an appetite, and I was also reading, which slows you down. So I was left with half a bowl of bran mush. It wasn't too much of a problem because when I'm not feeling well my favorite things to eat are soggy raisin bran and cold toast.

So do I need to more specifically review the bran flakes? They're...bran flakes. They were lighter in color than I was expecting, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...