belated mother's day

My mom was out of town for Mother's Day so I decided to wait on the food-gifts until she got back. I made this apple pie last Friday with Braeburn apples, which are my favorite. Sometimes I mix them with Galas. I'm not a huge fan of the tart apples, like Granny Smiths, but my favorite deep-dish apple pie calls for a sweet/tart mixture which is actually pretty good.

For dinner I made this roasted salmon. We've had it several times now and I definitely recommend it. The idea of smoked paprika was a little intimidating at first but we took the risk since it was cut with some brown sugar. It has a nice sweet and smoky flavor. I also accidentally bought baby spinach instead of regular spinach but between the three of us we ate the whole bag.

****
Oh, and I finally made a note of those other new Jello flavors: cherry lemonade and fruit punch. Of course I'm going to try them all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...