review: *new* Honey Bunches of Oats: Fruit Blends -- banana blueberry

You know, I've never cared much for Honey Bunches of Oats. I don't have a problem with the bunches, though; it's the flakes. They're so small and thin and almost not even there. They're like what you find lining rabbit cages. It's like every box of flakes came from the bottom of the box. Flaky crumbs, that's what I'm trying to say.

So why try the new Fruit Blends? I'm not sure. It's certainly different. And since the flakes (banana) and the bunches (blueberry) each have their own flavor, there's more reason to have these little flakes as a component.

The verdict: I liked it. I can clearly taste the individual flavors. My only problem is still with the flakes--once they get soggy, what's the point, really? So this is a better candidate for mixing for me. Probably with the Dulce de Leche Cheerios. I do like it, though, and I will also try the peach/raspberry; I just can't eat a whole bowl of it on it's own.


*a quick side note: you've probably noticed a lot of reviews in a row--that's because I finished five cereals in a span of nine days. So the next in line just keep on coming. There might be another full week of reviews before I can finally break it up. It just worked out this way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...