a lot of catching up to do

My week was super-busy and super-fun and I know I said I'd recap how I survived breakfast every day (I took notes!) but I wanted to start with what I did Sunday. No time to unpack; I was determined to make my dad a belated Father's Day cake. I'm sure I've mentioned how much he likes carrot cake; this time around I decided to try a new one--Mango-Carrot Cake, from Better Homes & Gardens a few months back.

This may sound obvious but if you like mango and you like carrot cake, you will love this. Also, liking cake doughnuts wouldn't hurt. According to the magazine version of the recipe that's what the texture is supposed to resemble but I added too much mango juice so mine came out sticky. If the ingredient list had specified 1 1/4 cups of mango juice divided that might've cued me to look out for that step in the recipe. Also, catching up on sleep would've helped. It's still good, though. My dad's not picky. Cake is cake.

*******
Next: my six breakfasts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...