Lent challenge

No, not giving up cereal! Ha ha. But even though I've been giving things up for Lent for a while now, I didn't realize until last year that I respond well to a challenge. This year I've given up processed sides, which challenges me to find side dish alternatives. Here's the first: Lemon Orzo. I started with this one because I've made it before (although I vaguely remember it). I wasn't sure how exactly simmered orzo was going to cook so I brought the water to a boil first and then simmered the rest of the way. It was fully cooked and all the liquid absorbed in 15 minutes. The trick is to add lemon juice to taste. Don't just dump it all in there, unless you really, really like the flavor of lemon. Not tasting my food first is a bad habit I've got to kick.

******
Happy National Cereal Day! I celebrated by eating one spoonful too many of Island Vanilla squares/biscuits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...