stealth meatless

That was the idea, anyway. Why not stick a meatless meal in between two meat-heavy days? I came across this Asian-Style Fried Rice and Beans while on my side dish search and didn't want to cut this one in half. Luckily we had guests coming, so I knew it would get eaten. Seriously, it makes a lot. There's still some left over!

As you may know, I make a few shrimp fried rice dishes so I had the general idea. The brown rice and chickpeas in this make it very filling; I didn't even need a cheater egg roll (baked for the meatless-objectors). I thought it was pretty good but didn't need the lime juice. I understand why it's there--the lime complements the tart/citrusy flavor of the cilantro--but it's just a matter of personal taste. I will definitely make this again when the opportunity arises and probably scramble an egg in it, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...