this waffle is bananas

So you know how Bisquick products always taste like Bisquick? Like how I can tell the difference between scratch biscuits and Bisquick ones, or homemade waffles and the Bisquick version? Not that that's a bad thing. I bring it up because if you like Bisquick waffles you should try Banana-Nut Waffles, which is the familiar taste plus bananas and nuts. Everybody in my family liked them; my brother even ate the leftovers. Out of everything I've made over the last week or so, this gets my highest ranking.

I didn't follow the recipe quite exactly (you know I don't bake with nuts) so I offered the pecans as a topping along with the maple syrup. If I'd had leftover banana--actually, I had just enough--I would've sliced that as a topping, too. Who doesn't like a waffle bar? But anyway, the mashed bananas in the waffle batter were plenty of banana flavor. It didn't even need extra spices. If I come across a scratch recipe, though, I'll give that a shot as well.

And I should mention that I got six and a half waffles with my round iron. It probably would've been six if I'd distributed the batter evenly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...