super sweet treat

I always use guests as an excuse to bake but if I had known they'd given up dessert for Lent, obviously I wouldn't have insulted them in that way. I mean, I made these Spiced Oat and Pear Blondies right in front of them! And they made so many...

But anyway, I hope you like brown sugar. If so, you'll be in brown sugar heaven. These blondies are super-sweet, like a classic kind of blondie you might get at a restaurant with unnecessary ice cream and flavored syrup...but at least these have fruit? I'd never used a Bosc pear before and mine were huge. Only one was needed to make two cups. I also have to say, the second time around tasted better than the first. And they also have plenty of oats. And I'm going to eat one more, so there's that.

******
I don't usually mention snack/junk foods here but my visiting brother likes to graze so these products get the cerealfyre stamp of approval: Chex Mix Popped, Green Giant Sweet Potato Fries (they're really more like puffs), and those limited edition marshmallow crispy Oreos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...