occasional granola review: Nature Valley granola -- oats 'n honey

I used to eat Nature Valley granola bars all the time in college; in fact, it was one of my four food groups--granola bars, Lunchables, Pop Tarts, and Hot Pockets. Little did I know that the College Student Diet was going to screw with my gums. You know those long slivers of oat that you sometimes find in granola bars? I had one of those get stuck deep in my gums one too many times, which made them (already sensitive no thanks to yours truly) puffy and red, and I decided, that's it, no more Nature Valley.

So I've gone *coughcough* years since trying any new Nature Valley products but the granola finally piqued my curiosity. Also the coupon helped. I went with the basic Oats 'n Honey so the flavor wouldn't mask any shortcomings. And, actually, there aren't any. The texture is nothing like the granola bars. It has a nice toasted crunch which also rounds out the honey's sweetness. It's not so flimsy that it immediately gets soggy or full of hard chunks that take forever to break down. I really think I like it, and I'll be sure to try the new Cranberry Almond flavor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...