post-winter muffins

I'm a procrastinator. Perhaps you've realized this. I'm working to do better but in this case, I should have made these Hearty Blueberry-Banana Muffins two months ago. It's designed to use frozen blueberries in the winter months (when fresh are out of season). I finally made them last Sunday. They are definitely hearty.

This was my first time baking with frozen (unthawed) berries and I'm happy to report they turned out just fine. I still could've been a little more careful folding them into the batter to avoid blue streaks but you know, nobody really cares. Blueberry muffins! is all they're thinking.

I also wanted to note that pulverizing oats in the blender is really, really easy. I didn't even know my blender had that setting (it's called "Ice Breaker"). But they helped make for a really thick batter, almost cookie-dough like. I couldn't really mound in the cups like the recipe said but the muffins cooked up muffin-shaped anyway. As for flavor, they're loaded with blueberries, so that's predominant, and I picked up on some hints of cinnamon, too. And yes, they are hearty, but in a good way. It's not like eating a brick. I don't think anyone was quite as enthused as I was, though; I'm still eating leftovers--one half at a time--from the freezer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...