I've baked once or twice

Actually, twice. After giving away a sample of this cake I was asked to make another one. So that was a first. Oh, I almost forgot the picture:
This is a Chocolate-Sweet Potato Marble Pound Cake. Check out that marble. The entire batter is made with sweet potato, then you remove 1 cup for the center layer and add cocoa powder to the rest. You can probably also see chunks of sweet potato that didn't quite get mixed in. The problem was that I didn't roast my large one-pounder of a sweet potato quite long enough. I had to break up the hard parts and microwave them several times to get it soft enough to work. Obviously I didn't make that mistake with cake #2. I ended up roasting the potato for about 78 minutes.

Also, I can't find the recipe online anywhere. It's a tear out from Reynolds Kitchens--probably out of a Food Network magazine from a few Thanksgivings ago--but not on the website (theirs or FN's). I don't really feel comfortable retyping it but there's other sweet potato cakes out there. I'll just hold on to this one in case I get another request for it.

*********
In cereal news (yes, there's still cereal news), a few weeks ago I spotted boxes of Strawberry Toast Crunch and Blueberry Toast Crunch on display at Walmart. Hey, wait a minute, I thought, did they re-brand Tiny Toast? Yes, that's exactly what happened. Now they're part of the "Toast Crunch family" along with the original Cinnamon Toast Crunch and the new Apple Cinnamon Toast Crunch (which I started looking for today; I'm sure I'll find it soon). In case you missed it, you can find my Tiny Toast reviews here and here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...