raisin bread roundup

I do enjoy a nice breakfast bread with my cereal sometimes, primarily raisin bread. These are my favorites, in order:

1. Sun-Maid Raisin Bread -- you would think this would high on the list because, duh, it's Sun-Maid. They know their raisins. And this bread has the most. That wouldn't mean much, though, if it didn't also have a good cinnamon flavor and a nice-sized slice.

2. Pepperidge Farm Raisin Cinnamon Swirl --I love the Swirl breads; the Brown Sugar Cinnamon makes a great french toast. But anyway, the raisin bread: thin-sliced, still plenty of raisins, and of course, the cinnamon running through it. I haven't tried the whole-wheat version yet, but I intend to; I saw it once at Target and haven't seen it since. I also recommend their seasonal Pumpkin and Cranberry flavors.

Oh, and while searching the website just now, I see they have a new strawberry-banana bread (which also appears to be seasonal). Must. Have.

3. Sara Lee Cinnamon with Raisins -- the same thickness as Sun-Maid but with a little bit less flavor. Good for topping without worrying about compromising the flavor (I just had some with pumpkin butter). They also make a Brown Sugar Cinnamon bread but I haven't seen that around it.


**super-psyched new product alert** I love IHOP. Love it. IHOP is my favorite place to go for celebrations of any kind, especially when I can get pancakes for dinner. So imagine my delight when I came across an ad for new IHOP at Home syrups! According to the product locator, I can find them at my local Wal-Mart. Oh, I am all over those fruit syrups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...