review: Raisin Bran Crunch

a.k.a. the One that Started it All.

I could've sworn I wrote about this already, either in the intro or one of the old pre-blog entries I haven't typed up yet, but I can't find any proof of that, so I'll tell the story now.

(Edit: Oh, wait, here it is. Well, I'll rehash the story now.)

One of the changes I wanted to make before starting college was to eat healthier...or at least more fiber. I never liked Raisin Bran as a kid, too dry, too boring grown-up cereal. But then Raisin Bran Crunch came out and I thought hey, I could do this. So while I did end up eating a pretty crappy diet throughout college, I also managed to set myself on the path to more fiber cereals. Now I eat...I'm trying to count...a lot of them. And they'll all be reviewed eventually. And every once in a while Raisin Bran Crunch comes back around in the rotation, as it did yesterday.

If you've never had Raisin Bran Crunch (really?) it consists of a sweetened, crunchy bran flake, oat clusters, and of course, raisins. It actually has less sugar than regular Raisin Bran. I think it's a good starter cereal if you're trying to introduce more fiber at breakfast (I also make my own raisin bran. I'll get to that review sometime next month). I'll always have a soft spot for Raisin Bran Crunch, though. A sweet, crunchy soft spot.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...