Review: *new* (-ish) Dulce de Leche Cheerios

Really, the very tiniest kernel of an idea for my own cereal blog came this past December, when I started reading other reviews of Dulce de Leche Cheerios. Basically, no one liked it. It didn't have a dulce de leche flavor at all, and so on. So I thought, gee, can it really be that bad? I hesitated to try it...until I came across a coupon. And my dad bought his own box, so I swiped a taste of his. Okay, I thought, I'm willing to eat a box of this.

This morning I finally got around to it. I think the main issue with this cereal is the name. It's just a caramel flavor with a more marketable, yet misleading, name. There's two kinds of Os, corn and oats, and it's those weird puffy corn ones, like in Cinnamon Burst Cheerios. I was hoping for two of the more compact Multi-Grain Os (is it a different process?); the picture on the box is misleading.

As for the flavor...it's all right. They aren't as terrible as I assumed they would be from the other reviews, but they're not great, either. I'll probably use it as my banana cereal this month. Honestly, the flavor seems cribbed from Honey Kix, but not as successful here. I hate to dump on a cereal--after all, it is just cereal--but, there you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...