what have I baked lately?

I forgot to share this Dried Apricot Pie that I made two weeks ago. A few changes, though: I cut the ground walnuts altogether because I'm not a big fan of nuts in pie, but I if make this again I would add the nuts--but not ground--just to change up the texture a little bit. It was a lot of fruit. Loaded with fruit. Also, I used only half the butter called for. I just couldn't add an entire stick of butter to a pie. That just wasn't going to happen. And after I added the fruit mixture to the pie shell I removed some of liquid it was sitting in.

In retrospect, I should've left it in. The pie was a bit dry. This is why I usually don't tinker with recipes the first time around; on the other hand, you learn by doing. It still tasted good, though. That's what's important.

And yesterday, I made this cake for Easter, but substituting strawberry Jello and fresh strawberries because I think I'm the only person in my family who likes fresh raspberries. I'm not a huge poke cake fan, but I think this will have more flavor because you add some of the fruit mixture to the batter as well the poking after. I'll have to let you know how it tastes.

Next week: all cereal reviews! I promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...