cereal prices won't drive you bananas

You see what I did there? Well, you will.

So I was wondering how the drought in the Midwest would affect cereal prices, since so many of them contain corn (of course that's not the only thing to think about, but it is for the purposes of this blog). The answer: not much. As I learned from this article, the majority of cereal pricing is determined by costs relating to production, transport, marketing, and so forth. The raw materials only make up a small amount. So no need to run out and buy up your local supply of Corn Flakes. Good to know.

I also wanted to share a banana bread recipe that was in People a few weeks back, but there's no link to it. So in order to make the title of this entry work (I'm stubborn), I'll have to get back to it on Thursday and type it out. Let me just say for now that I'd never worked with dried figs before--or any type of fig for that matter--so I didn't really know what to expect. They smelled kind of like prunes but once I cut one open--yep, that's a fig. The banana bread itself is good. Actually, it's even better leftover. I'll probably eat a few more slices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...