...stays in the kitchen

I failed to mention last time that I trotted out these new recipes for my brother, who showed up for an unplanned visit. Now I'm still getting ahead of myself, in a way. I wanted to share two other recipes I tried this week. Yesterday we had these oven-roasted green beans with dinner. Super easy. Olive oil, salt, pepper, roast. Bam! If you will. It turns out I'd been sitting on this recipe for three years. I don't know why I was so afraid to try roasting vegetables. Now I just want to expand my vegetable options.

And last week I made this shrimp fried rice. Definitely get a bag of shredded carrots for this one. One less step for you. What I liked about this recipe--besides all the vegetables--was that it didn't taste weighed down like a restaurant-bought shrimp fried rice. Much less salty. It might not be enough soy sauce for you, though. YMMV. Oh, and I only used half the ginger it called for because my mom is not a big fan of fresh ginger. Or ginger in general, now that I think about it. *shrug*

Next time: something cereal-related. Honest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...