millions of peaches, peaches for me

...or so I thought. I knew there'd be more than enough for three people (eight), so I figured I'd better learn how to freeze them. I found several options and decided right away that the sugar syrup solution was not going to happen. These peaches will be going into a pie at a later date, which means they'll get sugared then. I was intrigued by the idea of freezing a few whole but as it turned out, there were only two peaches left yesterday. So I sliced them, sprinkled them with Fruit Fresh (which, by the way, can be found with the rest of the canning supplies in the kitchen section at Wal-Mart), put them in a freezer bag and checked on them this morning. Still peachy!

Two peaches were eaten, two were tossed (boo--I hate wasting food), and I used two in this coffee cake. It was very tasty, although it got a little soggy in the middle--I'm thinking the juicy peaches did it.

****
And it turns out I spoke a little too soon about the Cinnabon cereal, which I found yesterday. Still, it's probably one of the last seven boxes at that particular store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...