review: Oatmeal Squares -- cinnamon

I made sure to taste one straight out of the box first--instant hit of cinnamon. I don't remember liking it much the first time (this, in case you couldn't tell, is only the second) but today I just really wanted some cinnamon. I guess I'm still smarting from my last entry. I mixed it with the apple cinnamon Life Crunchtime and that threw me off a little. Okay, I said to myself, remember that flavor from last week. The next bite made more sense, so I didn't have to get up and check my milk. This has just been a really rushed morning, so I was more focused on eating than tasting.

***
I was debating whether or not to finally mention the pie I made last week, or wait and tack it on to my future peach entry. Either way it would still feel tacked on, so here it is. I wanted a pie with a crumbled oat topping and I needed to get rid of a frozen deep dish pie shell, so...ta-da. Oh, hey, look, another chance for cinnamon. Also, if you've never tried golden raisins, you barely notice them here...give 'em a shot.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...