what happens in the kitchen...

I know I'm a day late but I wanted to let you know how the pie turned out. What pie? Oh, this Peach-Mango Pie from this month's Better Homes & Gardens. I knew I wanted to use my frozen peaches in something pie-based; I just happened to glance at the BHG table of contents and, hey, that solves that issue.

I thought it was excellent; my mom kept saying, "it's so sweet," but everything's too sweet to her these days. I admit I didn't have enough mangoes; I've never made a recipe that called for a measurable amount of mango (as opposed to, say, "add 1 mango"). I suppose in a pinch you could add more peaches instead.

Also, I could really tell the difference between the straight-from-the-orchard peaches and the extra store-bought peach. My original peaches were fat and almost orange inside while the grocery-store peach was small and pale yellow--almost the same color as the mangoes. I probably should go for local produce more often.

I was going to include another recipe here but I think it can wait 'til Tuesday...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...