experiment #2: Cream of Wheat with pure maple syrup

Continuing my quest to cut down on sugar...and change my typical flavors. I wasn't sure how much syrup I would need; the amount I poured in my teacup (for heating purposes) was enough to coat the bottom, plus a little more. And then I didn't use all of it. Close, though. So I can't give you an exact measurement. It really comes down to your taste, anyway.

My taste? Successful. I didn't want my Cream of Wheat to taste too much like pancakes; I guess the fact that it's wheat contributed to the overall experience. It was good, though--just enough maple flavor to make it interesting, and not too sweet. Oh, and, obviously (or not, I don't know) you have to use the real stuff, not table syrup. I could picture that being a weird, sticky mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...